Friday, July 13, 2007

Value investing

I am looking at increasing exposure to value plays as market may be getting little frothy. I have been holding Berkshire Hathaway Class B shares BRKB for 9 years. Return so far has been 64% over that time. Not great. But this is a long term investment that provides cushion in bear market years and still beats S&P over that time.

I recently added US Bank USB. I like their track record. It is going to be an investment taht I will hold for another decade. Financials are out of favor right now because of rising interest rate concerns and sub-prime fiasco. But that's ok. This will resolve over time.

Other names that I am watching are:
--Fairholme funds (FAIRX). They have same philosophy as Buffet. They hold a large chunk of BRKA and they also invest in companies that Buffet invests in like Wesco and USG.

--Brookfield Asset Managment (BAM).

I may sell some of my investments in CSCO and get into these names or use new money to get into this.

No comments: